Birth Injury Attorneys in Chicago – Do I Have a Case?
The birth of a child is supposed to be, and for the most part, is a joyful occasion. Welcoming another member to your family can not only bring individuals together, but it also ensures that the family name continues on for generations. Birth is a relatively safe procedure thanks to the advances in medicine, whereas in the past, preeclampsia, infections and other birth complications would always put the life of both the mother and child at risk. That being said, birth injuries in Illinois have replaced the once-expected complications in many hospitals across the state, setting up a child for a lifetime of disability and limitations.
Are you looking for the best birth injury attorney in Chicago? If your child developed complications during childbirth that you believe could have been prevented and were due to a physician’s or nurse’s negligence, we can help. Call us NOW at 1 (773) 825-3547 for more information on your legal options for compensation. With more than 70 years of combined experience, the legal team at McCready Law will help answer all your preliminary questions and let you know if you have a case, and inform you about birth injury compensation concerns. Call 1 (773) 825-3547 NOW for your 100% FREE and confidential consultation into Chicago birth injury lawsuits.
Here are some of the most common causes of birth injuries in Chicago:
- Negligent maternal monitoring during the pregnancy period
- The improper use of forceps or vacuum pumps during delivery
- Not catching an infection during the pregnancy in a timely manner
- Poor monitoring of the baby’s vitals during delivery
- Failure to perform a cesarean section at the first sign of fetal distress
- Failure to take an extensive medical history of the pregnant mother
Here are some of the most common birth injuries in Chicago hospitals:
- Cerebral palsy, which is seen in 3 out of 1000 live births. You may not know this, but there is usually a human negligence aspect to cerebral palsy; that is to say, it is not a fluke of nature, and it can be traced back to an infection or delivery complications. This causes either weakness or stiffness in muscles, making movement, speaking, voiding bowels, eating and interacting with one’s environment difficult.
- Seizures caused by extended oxygen deprivation during delivery. Seizures may point to brain cell death which usually happens when there is an interruption in the supply of oxygen to brain tissue due to, for example, leaving the baby in the birth canal for too long.
- Brachial plexus, which refers to the damage of nerves found in the shoulder region. This may be caused by using forceful delivery methods, or not employing cesarean section delivery when it is apparent or when the patient has a history of giving birth to large babies. Brachial plexus may cause paralysis in the affected arm or shoulder.
Think You Have a Chicago Birth Injury Case? Call To Confirm Now!
There is a standard of care which physicians must uphold at all times, ensuring the safety of both the baby and the mother. Should they breach this, they may be held liable for injuries and resultant complications suffered by the newborn. Need to learn more about birth injury cases in Chicago? Contact our birth injury attorney in Chicago NOW at 1 (773) 825-3547 for your FREE consultation on the true value of your case. We look forward to hearing from you.