Burn Injury Attorneys – Find Legal Help Here
Chronic pain is a type of pain that can last for a long period of time which can be anywhere from a few weeks, to months, and in some cases, years. It is said that burn injuries tend to be the most painful types of injury due to the fact that nerves that are just under the skin, responsible for pain perception get exposed. In addition, skin tends to heal slowly, and may form wrinkles that may promote the growth of bacteria and other infectious agents, compounding the injury. Chronic pain after a burn injury is an unfortunately common fact of life, and most burn injury victims often find themselves at their wit’s end with regard to managing their pain. As a result, a multidisciplinary approach is taken by medical professionals in the management of pain in such individuals. That said, if your burn injuries were due to someone else’s negligence, you have every right to go after your justice and compensation so you’re able to get the medical resources to alleviate your pain during this difficult time.
Are you looking for a burn injuries attorney? The experienced burn injury lawyers at McCready Law have over 90 YEARS of experience handling personal injury cases of all kinds and sizes. We’d love to put this experience to help you resolve your legal claim so you can get the compensation you deserve to help not only treat your injuries, but also make your life whole again. Please give us a call NOW at (773) 825-3547 to learn more about your legal options for compensation. We work on contingency fee basis, and what this means is that we don’t charge you a CENT as we work on your case, and only do so when we’ve recovered money damages on your behalf. Please give us a call RIGHT NOW at (773) 825-3547 to learn more about filing a burn injury lawsuit.
Here are the different types of pain associated with a burn injury:
- Acute pain – This refers to intense burn injury pain that usually occurs once in a while, such as during dressing changes
- Resting pain – This is pain that is always in the background that is unfortunately always in the background, whether awake or asleep
- Breakthrough pain – This type of pain may be felt in and out during the course of the day, and it may be symptomatic of wound healing or tight muscles
- Neuropathic pain – This is caused by the damage of nerve endings which can also signal pain when they are growing back after the burn incident
- Chronic pain – This refers to pain that may last for half a year or more, and may be present even after you’ve healed from the burn injury.
Burn victims have the following pain management options available to them:
- Opiates, as prescribed by a doctor
- NSAIDs, which can be had over the counter for long-term pain management
- Antidepressants, which may help raise mood
- Sleeping pills, which can help you sleep through the pain at night
- Anticonvulsant, which may help with lowering pain perception
Burn Injury Attorneys – Call Us Today!
If you were injured in a fire event and believe that someone else’s negligence is what caused it, we’d love to help you. Please give us a call NOW at (773) 825-3547 to learn more about your legal options for compensation. Thanks, and we look forward to helping you.