Experienced Lawyers for Elderly Injury Claims – More Inside
Senior citizens are particularly susceptible to injuries given their age. In addition, the deteriorating human body as it ages doesn’t bounce back as it used to after an injury, making injuries such as slip and fall a life and death situation for older people over the age of 70. That being said, senior citizens are and must be protected by the law, home owners, facilities and businesses from these injuries given their likelihood to suffer severe, catastrophic injuries compared to the rest of the population.
Are you a senior citizen that was injured due to someone else’s negligence? If you slipped and fell, were in a car accident, suffered a burn injury, were a victim of a dog bite or attack, or suffered a medical malpractice event after going for a routine treatment, we’d love to hear from you. The attorneys at McCready, Garcia & Leet bring to the table over 90 years of combined legal experience that we’d love to put to work for you. We also handle all cases on a contingency fee basis, so say goodbye to expensive legal services as we only charge you when we win your case for you. To speak to a knowledgeable and friendly injury attorney for the elderly, please call us NOW at (773) 673-9861 to learn more about our legal services.
Here are some of the reasons why senior citizens are more prone to injuries:
- You may be on medication that affects your balance or posture
- Vision or hearing loss is common in the elderly
- Decreased flexibility can make it more likely to suffer serious injuries
- Little body fat makes it more likely to suffer high impact injuries as fat cushions you
- Having preexisting conditions can cause injuries to develop into something life-threatening
Senior citizens are often overrepresented in the following injury scenarios
- Slip and fall accidents, which are the most common injuries for individuals of advanced age in the country, are responsible for the deaths of over 30,000 adults every year
- Auto accidents kill at least 20 senior citizens every single day, and cause injuries to over 700
- Burns and fires are more common in senior citizens due to defective products and auto accidents
Eggshell Plaintiff and Senior Citizen Injury Lawsuits
Various states recently passed the eggshell plaintiff law. This means that defendants and the insurance company must take any plaintiff as they found them. Therefore, senior citizens who slipped and fell or suffered complications during surgery due to negligence will be able to recover substantial compensation regardless of any underlying health issues they may have; in fact, these health issues may increase the value of their legal claim.
Injury Lawyer for Senior Citizens – Call Us Today!
Unfortunately, damages for senior citizen injuries tend to be on the lower side as they tend to get their medical care handled by Medicare, and they, being retired, suffer no wage loss. In addition, given their advanced age and the few remaining years they have left, a jury will be hard pressed to award them high special damages. For this reason, our elderly injuries attorneys will focus on non-economic damages such as pain and suffering and hedonic damages, or loss of enjoyment of life. Want to learn more? Please give us a call NOW at (773) 673-9861 to receive your 100% FREE legal consultation. Thanks for choosing us, and we look forward to helping you.