How Much Compensation for an Ankle Injury? Find Out Here
Your ankle isn’t something you think about until you injure it and realize how pivotal it is when it comes to movement. The ankle joint is a load bearing joint, which essentially means that it supports your weight in its entirety. This therefore means that its integrity and health is of the utmost importance, and an ankle injury may mean that you may not be able to walk or run on your feet as you previously did. Ankle injuries feature heavily in auto accidents due to the tight, confined spaces that our bodies find themselves in in a vehicle, as well as slips and falls and work injuries for instance falls from heights for those working in construction.
Are you looking for information on compensation for ankle injuries? As not two individuals are alike, the payout for this type of injury will vary. In addition, the type of injury, the extent of another party’s liability as well as insurance negotiations must all be taken into account. Let’s talk about your ankle injury lawsuit so we can come up with an approximate and realistic figure: call us NOW at (773) 906-4159 to learn more about your legal options for compensation. The call is absolutely free, and confidential.
Here are the most common types of ankle injuries:
- Ankle sprain, where ligaments and other tissue found around the ankle suffer some form of trauma. Bones may not be broken, but the sprain is enough to make the whole ankle swell up and require a rest period
- Ankle strain is where tendons and muscles tear or are stretched beyond a certain limit. This kid of ankle injury happens less commonly, and may also require a few weeks of recuperation.
- Ankle fracture usually involves a clean or partial bone break. The break usually occurs on the joint and requires immediate medical intervention
Here are some of the most common signs that your ankle may be broken:
- Ankle pain
- Swelling or bruising at the ankle area, and sometimes, up the leg
- Being unable to walk or put one’s weight on the affected ankle.
The most common causes of ankle injuries are:
- Workplace accidents due to improper use or maintenance of a machine
- Motorcycle accidents where one’s foot is crushed under the weight of the motorcycle
- Car accidents
- Slips and falls on wet surfaces as the ankle may try to overcompensate to prevent a fall
- Pedestrian accidents, where unprotected pedestrians get hit by a vehicle unexpectedly
Ankle Injury Compensation Basics
Compensation for ankle injury varies, and it is dependent on a number of factors such as the extent of your injury. However, it is not uncommon for individuals to settle for $200,000 and above, especially if they were hit as pedestrians by vehicles, and if the ankle injury required surgery. However, before you get started on your ankle injury claim, it is of the utmost importance that you see a surgeon so you get checked out, diagnosed and treated as your medical history will perhaps be the most important piece of evidence determining your compensation amount.
Need Help? Call Us Today!
Need an estimate on how much you’ll get for your ankle injury claim? Please call us NOW for your 100% FREE legal consultation – (773) 906-4159. Thanks, and we look forward to helping you.