Injured By a Supermarket Scooter? Your Legal Options Inside
Motorized scooters are great for individuals who due to health reasons cannot walk around a store. In addition, they are great for tired and busy moms who simply don’t want to walk the entire length and breadth of a store to look for items that they are looking to buy. Motorized scooters are very convenient, but they are not without fault. Motorized scooter accidents can result in serious and costly injuries, and can add to the already complex health conditions a sick individual already has.
Are you looking for a motorized scooter injury attorney? For over 90 YEARS, the attorneys at McCready Law have helped individuals just like you seek the justice and compensation they truly deserve. We work on a contingency fee basis, which means that we take on all cases we accept at no cost to you and try them to the fullest extent of the law. We only charge you for our services once we collect compensation for you, so you never have to worry about any legal or extra fees. Please call our motorized scooter injury attorneys NOW at (773) 825-3547 to receive your 100% FREE, no-commitment consultation into your legal options for compensation.
Mobility scooters are heavy: each can weigh anywhere from 200 to 400 pounds. In addition, the individual that rides them is usually of a particular weight, which adds to the severity of injuries should the scooter go haywire or crash into someone.
Here are some of the most common injuries caused by motorized scooters:
- Fractured hip
- Broken ankle or wrist
- Broken arm
- Traumatic brain injury or concussion
- Fractured skull
- Broken pelvis from a fall
Common causes of scooter accidents include:
- Misjudging of the stopping distance by the driver: This is usually 4 feet, but some ambitious drivers think they have sufficient distance or the individual in front of them is still too far, leading them to lose control of the vehicle which crashes into someone.
- A distracted driver losing control of the vehicle because they were busy talking to someone on the phone
- An individual on prescription medication or illicit drugs or alcohol operating these machines may have slower reaction time and impaired perception which leads them to crash into other shoppers
- The motorized shopping scooter user may be mentally or physically impaired such as in the case of poor eyesight, but still insists on using the vehicle, leading to a crash and the harming of innocent shoppers
- A poorly maintained scooter which malfunctions in the aisles, spinning around and knocking people down and running them over.
Experienced Motorized Scooter Accident Attorneys – Call Us Now!
Immediately after getting injured by a motorized scooter, it is important that you seek medical attention by calling 911 or having someone call them for you so you’re taken to the nearest Emergency Room. As you’re waiting for the ambulance, call us at (773) 825-3547 and we’ll help you with the next steps to take as well as get started on your claim by drafting your demand letter. If it’s been a few days after your accident, no worries: just make sure to NOT talk to the insurance company before speaking with us, your friendly motorized scooter injury attorneys so you have an exact idea regarding compensation for scooter accidents. Thanks, and we look forward to helping you.