Leg Stent Complications May Be Grounds for a Lawsuit
Vascular surgery is usually performed in order to correct a collapsed blood vessel, or one that may have suffered the ravages of inflammatory conditions such as arthrosclerosis. Vascular surgery involves inserting a stent to prop up the vein or artery in order for blood to pass, but it is not without its risks. In addition, those with a history of forming blood clots may be candidates for stent surgery in order to prevent future blood clots from causing massive organ damage or death.
Do you believe that your vascular surgery was done in a negligent manner, or it was unnecessary? Please call our stent surgery lawsuit attorneys NOW at 1 (773) 825-3547 to learn more about your legal options for compensation. For over 70 years, we’ve helped surgery malpractice victims and other injured individuals across the country qualify and get the compensation they truly deserve after another individual or entity’s negligence caused them harm. Please call 1 (773) 825-3547 NOW to speak with our leg stent complications lawsuit attorneys to learn more about your legal options for compensation.
A recent article in the Journal of Vascular surgery stated that many of the leg stent procedures performed in the country were completely unnecessary. The article went on to say that surgeons performing these procedures have taken to removing plaque at an increasing high frequency, without exploring non-invasive options with patients first.
Some of the complications from leg stent surgery include:
- Surgery site infection
- Stent dislodging and getting stuck in a much larger vessel or organ
- Increase in blood clot formation
- Bleeding at the site of the catheter insertion
- Anesthesia allergy
- Kidney damage from X-ray dye
- Airway compression
- Hematemesis or vomiting up blood
- Slow and irregular heartbeat
- Stroke due to blood clots forming and breaking off
Negligence attributed to vascular surgery can be due to:
- Doctors not taking a thorough medical history of the patient
- Failure to order imaging or the right diagnostic tests
- Failure to timely treat a secondary stroke, infection or blood clot
- Failure to inform the patient of the risks associated with leg stent surgery
- Misdiagnosing the condition leading to unnecessary and even dangerous surgery
Leg Stent Surgery Lawsuits – Call To File Your Case Today!
Leg stent surgery may save lives; however, there are safer, less invasive procedures such as atherectomy which is the use of a laser to melt away blood vessel plaque. Therefore, if you believe that your leg stent complications were caused by your surgeon’s actions, you may be able to sue for money damages. Need help? Simply call 1 (773) 825-3547 NOW to receive your FREE consultation with one of our friendly surgery malpractice attorneys. Thanks, and we look forward to hearing from you.