Suing an OBGYN For a Medical Error – Start Here
Gynecological services are vital for women of all ages, particularly after puberty. So many things can go wrong and even affect an individual’s fertility, making an OBGYN a necessity for women of child-bearing age. However, what happens when the individual you’ve entrusted with your health goes ahead and ruins it due to a negligent act which could have been prevented if sufficient care had been taken?
Are you looking for information on OBGYN malpractice? If you were injured as a result of a negligent OBGYN and have proof of the same, you may be able to file a medical malpractice claim. We will work with you to prove the negligence and come up with a concrete plan to get you the best compensation so you can right what was wronged so you can maintain your reproductive health in a manner that is reasonable. Please contact our OBGYN malpractice attorneys NOW at (773) 823-0298 to learn more. The call is 100% FREE, and our OBGYN lawyers work on a contingency fee basis, which basically means we only collect our fees when we win your case for you.
Here are some of the gynecological procedures prone to negligence:
- Laparoscopic surgery
- Tubal ligation
- Ovarian surgery
The following are some of the OBGYN-related negligent events we handle:
- Failure to properly sterilize equipment before an operation or exam
- C-section mistakes
- Failure to diagnose a serious prenatal issues
- Failure to safely remove a uterine fibroid
- Improper use of forceps
- Not recognizing fetal distress and failing to act in a timely manner
- Failure to perform tubal ligation safely
- Failure to accurately read pap smears and mammograms
- Failure to test for serious infections in high risk individuals such as HIV and hepatitis
In order to have a valid OBGYN malpractice claim, the following must be present
- There must have been a duty of care between the physician and yourself
- The OBGYN must have breached this duty of care by not following a certain standard of care
- The breach of this duty led to your gynecological injuries
- You then suffered damages in the form of these injuries that are compensable.
Best OBGYN Malpractice Attorneys – Call Us Today!
OBGYN malpractice can be life-changing as it can lead to permanent damage to one’s ability to have children, the development of cerebral palsy in babies, and other health complications such as hormonal changes and even cancer in the case of not reading pap smears correctly. We empathize with you if you were injured by your gynecologist, and we’d like to extend our legal services to you so you can seek both justice and compensation. Please give us a call TODAY at (773) 823-0298 to learn more about your legal options for compensation. We look forward to helping you.