The Most Common Injuries After an Illinois Car Accident
Car accidents are one of the major causes of preventable deaths in the country. Last year, it was estimated that 2016 had the highest number of traffic deaths since 2006. In addition, the National Safety Council reported an uptick of deaths due to car accidents by up to 6 percent, and a total of 40,200 individuals losing their lives due to traffic accidents.
Are you looking for a Chicago car accident attorney? Call our Illinois traffic accident law firm NOW at 1 (773) 825-3547 for more information on your legal options for compensation. Our aggressive and resourceful attorneys have recovered millions in damages for past clients, and we have over 70 years of experience between us helping people just like you injured by the careless and negligent actions of others. Call 1 (773) 825-3547 NOW for your free, no-commitment consultation into car accident lawsuits in Chicago, or anywhere else in Illinois.
Here are some of the most common injuries associated with car accidents:
- Knee injuries – These are common due to the angle at which your lower body is bent while in a vehicle, giving it little to no room to avoid any debris as well as violent forces at the time of impact.
- Brain injuries – The head and brain, a sensitive body part is not protected while an individual is in a vehicle. This means that it is prone to cuts and blunt force trauma from flying debris as well as injuries due to roof crush as a result of a vehicle flipping over.
- Back and spinal cord injuries – These occur due to the impact experienced during a collision, knocking discs and vertebrae out of alignment. Herniated discs are very common after a Chicago car accident, and emergency surgery is almost always needed, and can cost upwards of $150,000.
- Internal injuries – it is not uncommon for car accident victims to contend with punctured organs, internal bleeding and even crushed lungs due to the forces experienced during a car crash. These injuries may require laparoscopic surgery, and the procedure may take upwards of 12 hours.
- Fractures and broken bones are commonplace after an Illinois car accident, and they may cost upwards of $16,000 if surgery is needed. In addition, hip fractures may cost anywhere from $40,000 to treat via surgery.
Car Accident Attorneys in Chicago – Call Now!
Emergency surgery after a car accident is a reality for those that get into a Chicago car accident. These procedures can drain your account and force you to dip into your savings, leaving you close to bankruptcy. If another person’s negligence caused your accident, you shouldn’t have to pay for treatment as you may be able to file a Chicago car accident lawsuit. Need more information on how to go about this? Call us NOW at 1 (773) 825-3547 for more information. Thanks, and we look forward to hearing from you.