McCready Law retained for gas leak injuries
The firm has recently been retained and has filed suit on behalf of a man who sustained inhalation injuries due to a gas leak. Our 75 year old client had been living in an apartment for 15 years in Kankakee.
In the basement was an old boiler filled with heating oil. According to our investigation, it had been in the basement, sealed, for over 40 years. Maintenance personnel for the building attempted to remove the boiler, which caused the oil to leak throughout the basement.
Our client lived directly above the spill and the fumes overpowered him. The building was evacuated and a HAZMAT unit and EPA clean up crew secured the building. Our client spent a week in ICU and now requires oxygen to breathe.
McCready Law handles all matters of premises liability and personal injury cases.