Sweet Desserts – Flat & Chewy Chocolate Cookies
Our staff LOVES desserts. Every day of the week, someone brings in something they made at home. Usually by lunch, it’s gone! Cakes, cookies, muffins, pastries – you name it, we’ve made it. Oftentimes clients stop by the office and are lucky enough to grab a piece of dessert before it is all gone. Over the years, clients have asked for recipes for desserts they tried at the office. Thus, the idea of sharing a recipe each month in our newsletter. We hope you enjoy this dessert — Flat & Chewy Chocolate Cookies — as much as we all do!
Flat & Chewy Chocolate Cookies
2 cups flour
1 tbsp. kosher salt
1 ¼ tsp. baking soda
1 ½ cups packed light brown sugar
1 ¼ cups sugar
16 tbsp. unsalted butter, softened
1 tbsp. vanilla extract
12 oz. finely shaved bittersweet chocolate
8 oz. finely ground walnuts
1. Stir flour, salt, and baking soda together in a bowl.
2. In a different bowl, beat sugars and butter with a mixer on medium speed until fluffy, 1–2 minutes.
3. Beat in eggs one at a time; beat in vanilla.
4. Add flour mixture, chocolate, and nuts.
5. Mix until just combined; chill.
6. Heat oven to 325°. Divide dough into 1-tbsp. portions; roll into balls and place on a greased cookie sheet, spaced 3″ apart, and flatten. Bake until set, about 15 minutes.