A Simple Guide on The Types of Benefits Available for Injured Federal Workers

Injured federal workers coming into OWCP compensation may have a lot of questions and may not know where to start when it comes to applying for said compensation. This is because of the fact that the information is scant and a lot of the information available on the internet is either too technical or complex, or incorrect. In this post, we’ll set out to tackle the kinds of benefits you can get as an injured postal worker or any other federal worker, and how to go about in a manner that is convenient and straightforward.

Are you looking for the best OWCP attorneys? Injured federal workers trust the Law Offices of McCready, Garcia & Leet to handle their cases given our experience, our culture of getting results in record time, and our close relationships with our clients, both past and present. Whatever kind of question you have, whether big or small regarding federal workers’ compensation benefits, we can answer, and are only a phone-call away. For your 100% FREE legal consultation with one of our friendly OPM attorneys, please call us NOW at (773) 673-9861.

Civilian federal employees that were injured while being salaried employees of the federal workers are eligible for multiple benefits.

  1. You’re eligible for compensation to cover your medical treatment which is inclusive and not limited to cost of treatment, transportation, prescriptions, and medical devices such as wheelchairs, crutches and waking canes, surgery, therapy and rehabilitation.
  2. You may also receive compensation if a prior injury was aggravated by your current injury
  3. You will also receive compensation for lost wages for up to 45 days after which you may continue to receive this amount, but slashed down to two thirds or three quarters depending on whether you have dependents or not.
  4. Your vocational training costs will also be covered if it is discovered that you may not be able to return to work at a similar capacity and may be a better fit at a different position.
  5. You will also receive schedule award benefits for your injuries for a certain time; if, after having reached maximum medical improvement that it is discovered that you now have permanent injuries, you may receive permanent compensation.
  6. If you have someone who’s a hired assistant to help you around your home due to your injuries, you may receive $1500 a month as well as this individual’s allowance.

Need To Make Sense of It All? Call Us Today!

As you can see, it may not be cut and dry when it comes to determining what types of compensation you may be eligible for, and how to go about applying for them. This is why it is so important to seek out the services of experienced injured federal worker lawyers to simplify and expedite the process on your behalf. Newly injured, or living with a persistent injury as an out-of-work federal worker? We can help: call us NOW at (773) 673-9861 for more information on your legal options for compensation. Thanks, and we look forward to hearing from you.