Attention Injured Federal Workers – Forms To Fill for Compensation

As an injured federal worker, time is of the essence. This means that you must file certain forms in a timely manner in order to receive OWCP federal workers’ compensation or be locked out of receiving benefits. While you may have a two year statute of limitations for filing an injured federal worker form, it is in your best interests to get started on your claim the minute you are made reasonably aware of your injuries.

Are you looking for a best federal workers’ compensation lawyer? McCready, Garcia & Leet has been at the forefront of fighting for the rights of injured federal workers, from postal workers, those working in administrative duties, to those working in the department of Homeland Security among others. If you’d like more information on how to go about the process, please give us a call NOW at (773) 673-9861 for more information on your legal options. The call is 100% FREE and confidential, and we have at our disposal a wealth of resources that we’d gladly put to work for you so you can recover OWCP schedule award or continuation of pay in the shortest amount of time possible.

Here are the most important forms for injured federal workers:

  1. Form CA-1 or Federal Notice of Traumatic Injury and Claim for Continuation of Pay/Compensation – This should be your first order of business, and it should be filled within 10 days of you being injured or being reasonably able to fill the same. Please note that the injury being reported must have happened over the span of one work shift. This includes a stressful event causing mental trauma, shock, or depression.
  2. Form CA-2 or Notice of Occupational Disease and Claim for Compensation – This is filled in the event that you suffer an occupational condition such as exposure to toxic substances or gases, repetitive strain injury such as carpal tunnel or back strain experienced by USPS postal workers due to carrying large packages all day.
  3. Form CA-16 or Authorization for Examination and/or Treatment – This is a critical form that will help you get the medical attention that you need. That being said, you can only get this form from your employing federal agency workers’ compensation staff.
  4. Form CA-20 or Attending Physician’s Report – This form is where your doctor furnishes the federal agency and claims examiner with a narrative explaining in objective medical terms your injuries, how they occurred and how they are connected to a particular work duty.
  5. Form CA-7 – or Continuation of Pay claim for compensation form which will provide you with a portion of your pay for up to 45 days from the date of your injury.

Best Attorneys for Injured Federal and Postal Workers – Call Us Today!

Need more information on the different forms, or would you simply like someone to help expedite the process along for you? Let us put our legal resources to work for you for a reasonable fee that is typically paid AFTER we recover compensation for you: please contact our best injured federal worker attorneys NOW at (773) 673-9861 for your 100% FREE and confidential legal consultation. Thanks, and we look forward to hearing from you.