Carpal Tunnel and Federal Workers’ Compensation

Carpal tunnel syndrome is a repetitive strain injury to the nerves, muscles and the tendons found in the arm, hand and wrist. This is a musculoskeletal disorder which affects federal workers who are in work positions that require them to perform an action in a repetitive manner over the course of days, weeks, months or even years. Carpal tunnel is painful as it is debilitating, and may require rest, surgery or physical therapy.

Suffered a carpal tunnel injury on the job as a federal worker and are looking to get compensated? We may be able to help. Please give us a call today on 1-877-561-3004 for your free and confidential consultation into all things federal workers’ compensation.

Here are some of the types of federal jobs that may contribute to carpal tunnel syndrome:

  1. Lifting boxes and placing them onto lower of higher surfaces.
  2. Typing out documents behind a computer all day
  3. Working in a factory setting where there is a production line

Carpal tunnel syndrome develops and gets worse over time. In the beginning, the condition may be a niggling hindrance to the performance of your federal duties: over time, however, you may not be able to use your hands at all due to searing pain every time you try to do so. The carpal tunnel is a passage located at the bottom of your hand where nerves, tendons and ligaments pass through on their way to meet up with other parts of the hand. When it becomes inflamed, it compresses these components, manifesting as pain.

It is estimated that women are thrice as likely as men to get carpal tunnel syndrome because they tend to have narrower wrists. In addition, working in a cold environment or an area where one is exposed to constant vibrations or tight spaces makes it that much more likely to develop this painful condition.

Federal Workers’ Compensation Claims Process

As a federal worker with carpal tunnel, your first step would be to fill in a CA-2 form. Next, you want to have an OWCP-friendly doctor examine you and write up a report which will help in building up your burden of proof. After your claim is accepted, please fill in the CA-7 form and send it back to OWCP.

How We Can Help

As injury claims are often denied and the process takes forever, you may want to contact a federal workers’ compensation attorney to have the whole process expedited as well as ensure you get maximum compensation that befits your injuries. We’d like to help make the whole process easier for you. Please call us today on 1-877-561-3004 for your free and confidential consultation. Thanks, and we look forward to hearing from you.