Porches, decks and balconies are a great place to spend a lazy summer morning with friends and family, drinking a cup of coffee and just socializing. These outdoor structures, given their propensity to be used by multiple people at a time, must be structurally sound as well as be built as per code and regulations of the area in which the house is situated. This is all done to ensure that people are kept safe at all times. It may seem like a rare occurrence, but balcony collapses happen with increasing frequency each year, and this could be due to contractors and property owners trying to cut corners in order to make as much money as they can without caring about the lives of tenants or individuals that purchase the home from them. This is legally termed as negligence, and should it result in injuries, you are more than encouraged to file a legal claim in order to recover justice and compensation.
Are you looking for a balcony collapse attorney? The experienced porch collapse lawyers at McCready Law have over 90 YEARS of experience handling injured individuals from all walks of life, and with our experience and passion, can help you get the justice and compensation you deserve after your balcony or porch suddenly collapses. Please give us a call NOW at (773) 985-5139 to learn more about your legal options for compensation. We work on contingency fee basis, and what this means is that we don’t charge you a CENT until we recover compensation on your behalf. The number to call to speak with our best porch collapse attorneys is (773) 985-5139. The consultation is 100% FREE, and there’s no legal obligation. Serving porch collapse victims in all 50 states.
Here are some of the most common reasons why balconies or porches collapse:
- Failure to follow building codes set up by the municipal council
- Failure to regularly maintain the porch or balcony by way of repairs
- Overloading the porch or balcony with items that exceed the load bearing capacity
- Building the porch or balcony in areas with wet soil
- Termite infestations, particularly in the case of porches
- The use of substandard or defective raw material during the building process
Some of the injuries associated with porch and deck collapses include:
- Neck or spine injury if the victim was located beneath the deck at the time of the collapse
- Traumatic brain injury due to pieces of wood, metal or concrete that hits a victim
- Internal injuries due to being trapped under porch or balcony at the time of the collapse
- Bleeding and laceration due to falling off a porch or having a piece of the porch puncture your limb
Best Porch and Balcony Collapse Attorneys – Call Us Today!
It is important to understand that you are owed something called duty of care by every individual that you enter into an agreement with, and property owners are no exception. Should they breach this duty of care, leading to your suffering of injuries, then you are entitled to compensation. Hurt due to a collapsed porch or balcony? Please give us a call NOW at (773) 985-5139 to learn more about your legal rights. Thanks, and we look forward to helping you.