Distracted Driving In Indiana
Distracted driving is a huge problem in Indiana roads. Despite laws prohibiting the use of devices such as cell phones while driving, many of us just can’t put our devices away long enough to pay attention to where we are going. In addition, the NHTSA credits distracted driving as the cause of 28 percent of all accidents on our roads. In addition, 69% percent of all drivers copped up to the fact that they talked on their cell phones while driving.
It is important to note that distracted driving encompasses many things such as:
- Changing radio channels or using the GPS actively while driving
- Rubbernecking or paying attention to your surroundings and other cars instead of the road ahead
- Eating while driving
- Chatting with other drivers while driving
- Reading newspapers, magazines, books or maps while driving
- Watching videos
- Personal grooming such as brushing one’s hair, applying makeup or hair tweezing.
Distracted driving in Indiana can take on 3 instances:
- Taking one’s mind off the road (cognitive distraction)
- Taking one’s eyes off the road (visual)
- Taking your hands off the wheel (manual distraction)
What most people don’t seem to understand is that it only takes a split second for an accident to occur. Just like that, your life and another’s can change instantly. In addition, injuries sustained as a result of distracted driving can result in astronomical hospital bills, lost wages, physical deformities, psychological pain and loss of earning power. All these complications can set you back years, making it almost impossible to get back to where you were pre-accident.
Immediately after your injuries, here are the steps you should take:
- Call 911 to send an ambulance
- If you can, take photos of the scene as well as witness testimonies as well as their contact information
- Don’t move anyone who appears to be seriously injured
- Do NOT speak to any insurance company agent should they show up at the scene or try to contact you via phone
- Contact Michael McCready immediately on 877-561-3004 for timely assistance
Get Legal Help Today!
We’ve dealt with Indiana distracted driving cases extensively, and we understand the special legal nuances which may apply to these types of accidents in our state. We are your best bet at getting maximum compensation for your injuries, and we work on a contingency fee basis. Please call us today 877-561-3004 and we’ll get you started on your case. Thanks, and we look forward to hearing from you.