How Do I Find An OWCP- Friendly Physician?

Doctors come in all shapes and sizes with regard to specialization and experience. It is important to find an OWCP- friendly physician.  As an injured federal worker, you’d be forgiven to think that any physician will do when it comes to having your injuries checked out as well as a report written so you can have your claim accepted. This couldn’t be further from the truth since not all doctors are well-equipped to treat federal workers for reasons that we’ll take a look shortly.

Have you suffered an injury as a federal worker and are looking for legal help to ensure that you get maximum benefits allowed by the government? Please call us today on 1-877-561-3004 and we’ll advise you further, regardless of whether or not your claim was accepted.

How Do Hospital Staff Treat You?

The first thing you need to evaluate when shopping around for doctors to help write a report on your injuries as well as treat you is the office culture. Upon first contact, do you feel rushed and not cared for? The atmosphere in a medical center is usually pervasive and can make or break your case. You don’t want to have to deal with rude or callous medical professionals who won’t listen to your concerns. At the end of the day, years of compensation may be held back or even cut off due to an uncooperative doctor and uncaring staff.

Does The Doctor Have Sufficient Experience?

The second thing you need to check when shopping around for a OWCP-friendly physician is experience. You should be able to ask them about the number of patients such as yourself they’ve handled over the years, if you can get in touch with them as well as what their opinion is of the program. Since they will have dealt with the bureaucracy of the federal government, you really want to work with someone who knows what they are getting into by virtue of experience since this will make the process for all parties all the more seamless and easier.

Looking To Change OWCP Doctors?

Lastly, if you’ve already chosen your medical provider and are noticing that it takes time for them to send back documentation for your federal workers’ compensation claim, or your concerns in your written statements aren’t being addressed, then you have every right to change doctors. It’s quite possible that this kind of inconsistent behavior may cost you your benefits once your claims officer evaluates your case.

Injured Postal Worker Lawyers – Call Us Now!

If you’re thinking of shopping for an OWCP-friendly physician, you’ve come to the right place. Please call us today on 1-877-561-3004 and we’ll take on your federal workers’ compensation case as well as recommend one of our own practice-affiliated physicians. Thanks for choosing us, and we look forward to hearing from you.