Important Information on Continuation of Pay Regulations for Federal Workers

According to FECA regulations, injured federal workers are eligible to receive their wages during the period that they sustain a work-related injury for up to a certain number of days. Officially known as Continuation of Pay, this program makes it possible for injured federal workers as well as federal workers in other branches of the government to take care of their financial responsibilities in the interim without having to wait for the schedule award payout that may come months later.

Are you interested in knowing more about continuation of pay regulations? If you’re an injured federal worker looking to make sense of it all and want to ensure that you receive maximum compensation as decreed by the law, call us NOW at 1-855-233-3002. We’ve helped injured federal workers just like you have their claims accepted as well as reinstated the benefits of those who may have had theirs taken away. Federal workers’ compensation cases rely on excellent and experienced legal representation as well as copious medical evidence as pointed out by an OWCP-conversant physician. To gain access to our legal and medical resources, and to receive your FREE consultation, please call us NOW at 1-855-233-3002 to speak with a best injured federal worker attorney to learn more about how we can help.

Continuation of Pay Regulations – Here’s How It Works

According to FECA, you are eligible for the continuation of your regular pay if you sustain a traumatic injury; this pay will last for up to 45 workdays. It is important to note that OWCP doesn’t pay Continuation of Pay to injured federal workers; it’s your employer who takes care of this amount. In addition, Continuation of Pay is taxable, as well as subject to accounting deductions.

It is important to note that Continuation of Pay is not compensation: it is instead a salary, much like what you currently earn at the moment as an injured federal worker. In addition, you may not receive overtime, Sunday wages as well as lost time, but you may receive holiday, hazard, and premium pay. In order to receive Continuation of Pay, you must fill in and file form CA-1, which we can help with. That being said, it is important that you fill this form within 30 days of your having sustained your injury.

There are a number of individuals that are not eligible for Continuation of Pay:

  1. Government volunteers
  2. Those working in Youth Conservation Corps
  3. Those providing personal service to the government
  4. Those involved in work-study schemes
  5. Petit and grand jurors

Attorneys for Injured Federal Workers – Call Us Now!

Remember, Continuation of Pay doesn’t last forever; eventually, you’re going to have to move on to schedule award compensation, and this is where we come in. in fact, it is always wise to contact a continuation of pay attorney who will help make the transition to schedule award for injured federal worker smooth and pain-free even before getting into the COP program. Don’t put your future in the hands of inexperienced or overworked federal workers’ compensation attorneys; call us NOW at 1-855-233-3002 and let us give your OWCP federal workers’ compensation claim the attention and respect it deserves. Thanks, and we look forward to hearing from you.