Injured Federal Workers – Physical Vs Occupational Therapy

If you’re an injured federal worker, you may be wondering about getting treatment for your injuries and may have come across physical therapy and occupational therapy. They may sound the same, but they are worlds apart. As an injured federal worker eligible for compensation for your injuries, you may have to go to one or both of these specialists in order to alleviate your injuries and be made whole over time.

Are you an injured USPS worker or any other federal worker in any branch looking for more information on federal workers’ compensation? Before you worry about treatment, get in touch with us FIRST at (773) 825-3605. We’ll take you through the particulars of your claim, what you may be entitled to, how to make sure all forms are properly filled and where exactly to go for OWCP-mandated medical exams so your claim is accepted with no hassles. The call is 100% FREE and confidential: call (773) 825-3605 NOW for more information on federal workers compensation and we’ll help cut the time between your application and receipt of benefits.

Physical therapy may be required after your injury as a federal worker. Treatment in the form of surgery and prescription medication can only go so far, and physical therapy may teach you how to re-use and strengthen that knee that you fell on as you were carrying packages to a client’s front door.

Physical therapy is great for the following:

  • Ankle injuries
  • Knee injuries
  • Torn ACL
  • Back injuries
  • Muscle sprains
  • Hip problems
  • Foot fracture
  • Carpal tunnel syndrome
  • Rotator cuff tears
  • Neck and cervical spine conditions

Physical therapists work with you to restore mobility, endurance and strength to the injured area under the advisement of your physician. It may sometimes be difficult to go for these sessions as you may be pushed beyond your limit, but they get better and easier with time.

Occupational Therapy for Injured Federal Workers

Occupational therapy, on the other hand, takes care of your whole body and not just an isolated injury. These therapists will help you integrate back into normal life by offering a holistic solution that encompasses the physical, mental, emotional and psychosocial aspects of your life. You can choose to attend physical therapy in tandem with occupational therapy, or wait to finish the former before getting started on the latter. What’s great about occupational therapy compared to physical therapy is that there is a lot of freedom to explore what you’d like to have done, and not be stuck on a set of exercises that you must finish within a set amount of time.

OWCP Compensation Attorneys – Call Us Today!

If you’re an injured federal worker worried about OWCP compensation, get in touch with us first and we’ll help you get approved for treatment before you do anything such as apply for continuation of pay or a schedule award, two things we can also help with. Please give us a call NOW at (773) 825-3605 and benefit from our over two decades of helping hundreds of injured postal and federal workers just like you. We look forward to hearing from you.