Injury Compensation Eligibility for Veterans Affairs Workers

Just over 2 percent of all injury claims submitted by workers in the department of Veterans affairs were accepted. This dismal number could be due to a number of factors, one of which is the improper filing of OWCP compensation claim forms, as well as failure to provide convincing rationale behind one’s injuries as indicated by your doctors’ report. The Veterans Affairs community is one of the largest under the federal government, and they play a large role in ensuring that veterans are provided with the care they deserve after a lifetime of being upstanding citizens. It therefore is a reasonable assumption that all the hard work you do as a federal worker may one day result in an injury that may require that you take time off work to heal, and be compensated for the same.

Are you an injured Veterans Affairs worker actively working within government? If you sustained an on-the-job injury, you may be able to file for compensation under a number of compensation programs such as continuation of pay, schedule award, cost of treatment and so much more. McCready Law handles a countrywide clientele of injured Veterans Affairs workers, and we’d love to extend our legal services to you. Please give us a call NOW at (773) 673-9861 to learn more about injury compensation for Veterans Affairs workers in government. The call is 100% FREE, and there’s no legal obligation.

Veterans Affairs workers can get injured in a number of ways:

  • Slipping on wet floors as janitors
  • Getting hurt in an accident en route to a work appointment
  • Getting assaulted by a violent patient as a Veterans Affairs nurse
  • Lifting heavy boxes in Veterans Affairs administration, leading to tripping and falling

Veterans Affairs workers are mostly stationed in medical centers, and they provide essential services that many of us have come to depend upon. When they get injured, it is important that they see an OWCP-compliant doctor. In these cases, seeing another physician in the Veterans Affairs hospital may not be the best idea as they may not be aware of how to fill medical reports for injured Veterans Affairs federal workers due to the specific requirements by OWCP needed to show causation as well as objective medical reporting showing the same.

Here are the main steps to take for injured department of Veterans Affairs workers:

  1. Report the injury immediately to your supervisor
  2. Request form CA-1 from them that will authorize Continuation of Pay
  3. Request form CA-2 which will officially let OWCP know about your injury
  4. Contact our attorneys to help with timely filing and finding an OWCP-friendly physician

Attorneys for Injured Veterans Affairs Workers – Call Today!

When it comes to filing these documents, time is of the essence. There are deadlines as short as 10-30 days from your injury or the date of being made reasonably aware of your injury that can cancel out your claim altogether. Remember, an on-the-job injury as a Veterans Affairs worker is not something to hide and try to tough it out as more often than not, these injuries get worse with time. You won’t be fired for reporting an injury as this is within your rights as a federal employee. Need to ensure that your injury claim as a Veterans Affairs worker in the federal worker is accepted? Get in touch with us TODAY at (773) 673-9861 and we’ll help you on every step along the way. Thanks for choosing us, and we look forward to hearing from you.