OWCP Help – Read This Before Filing an Injury Claim

As an injured federal worker, you may want to file for federal workers’ compensation. The OWCP, or the Office of Workers’ Compensation Programs, is a branch dedicated to the adjudication and subsequent approval or denial of claims brought forward by injured federal employees.

Are you looking for an OWCP lawyer? Please call 1-855-233-3002 to speak with our experienced and friendly attorneys to learn more about the process. We’ve successfully handled hundreds of cases, and we’ve even overturned denials and discontinuation of benefits. Call 1-855-233-3002  NOW to speak with a federal workers’ compensation lawyer for free for more information on your legal options for compensation.

OWCP- Functions and Mission

OWCP oversees disability compensation programs which provide a number of resources to injured federal workers such as medical attention, wage benefits, rehabilitation to mention a few should workers come forward with an on-the-job injury or occupational illness. Among some of the tasks listed in its mission, OWCP aims to enhance the fiscal integrity of managed public trust funds, minimize human, social and financial impact of work injuries and ensure the proper employer and employee representative performance when it comes to the service delivery for injured federal workers.

There are several branches under OWCP, and these include:

  • DFEC, or the Division of Federal Employee’s Compensation
  • DEEOIC, or the Division of Energy Employees Occupational Illness Compensation
  • DLHWC, or the Division of Long Shore and Harbor Workers’ Compensation
  • DCMWC, or the Division of Coal Mine Workers’ Compensation

Please note that filing a federal workers’ compensation claim is a different affair when compared to your traditional workers’ compensation claim. You usually will get higher damage amounts, but you will have to prove that your employer was negligent in order to qualify for compensation.

Why an OWCP Attorney Is Vital

A lot of injured federal workers are of the opinion that they don’t or won’t need an attorney. The reality, however, is that an attorney will help get you a fair and sizeable amount compared to if you were to go the OWCP filing route since the former will mean that your claim is handled hurriedly so you’re put back into the system in as little time as possible. In addition, an attorney will advocate for an extended rest period in order to fully recover from your injury as well as sufficient money to pay for treatment and rehabilitation.

OWCP Help – Call Now!

Ready to speak to someone? Call our OWCP help lawyer NOW at 1-855-233-3002 for more information on what we can do for you. Thanks, and we look forward to hearing from you.