Sweet Desserts – Lemon Pound Cake
Lemon Pound Cake
1/2 cup butter, melted
1 cup sugar
2 eggs, well beaten
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 cup milk
1/3 cup lemon juice
1/4 cup sugar
1. Mix together 1 cup sugar and butter, then add eggs and 1 tablespoon of lemon juice; mix well.
2. Add salt, flour, and baking powder to mixture., then add milk.
3. Bake at 325°F in a well greased loaf pan for 1 hour,or until golden brown.
4. Mix 1/3 cup lemon juice and 1/4 cup sugar.
5. Use a toothpick to make holes in top of cake and drizzle lemon juice and sugar mixture over the top of the cake when removed from the oven.