Train Derailment Injuries – Get Compensated Here
Trains and train tracks criss-cross the length and breadth of our state, transporting both people and goods across vast distances. They are thus an invaluable means of transportation for many companies and individuals who have come to rely on the convenience that the train system offers. However, as with everything in life, nothing is without risk or error. Train derailments happen on a regular basis in all states, and official reports state that 30 people lose their lives each year in train accidents, while dozens more suffer serious injuries that may have permanent, life-altering effects.
Train derailments and subsequent passenger injuries happen due to:
- Operator error where due to inattention, poor training or general negligence, a train operator fails to ignore stop and speed restrictions which then causes an accident
- Motor vehicles getting stuck on a crossing which may not give the train operator enough time to stop to avoid a crash
- The release of hazardous and noxious materials and gases after a derailment, causing mass poisoning, chemical burns and suffocation
- Signal failure due to poor maintenance of the same
- Problems with the train tracks which may have fallen into disrepair due to lack of proper maintenance, leading to things like broken switches and missing crossties
Can I Sue My Employer for Train-Related Injuries?
If you work in the train industry, you won’t be able to sue your employer due to certain rules being put in place by your union. However, you can sue your employer under the Federal Employers’ Liability Act for damages which usually includes lost wages, pain and suffering, loss of enjoyment of life and loss of consortium if the accident resulted in catastrophic injuries or death.
Get Legal Help Today!
We possess decades’ worth of experience handling these kinds of cases, and the needed resources to pursue aggressive litigation on your behalf against railroad companies in Indiana for injuries or wrongful death. Please call us today on (773) 673-9861 for your free legal consultation handled by a real attorney and not a representative. These cases are time-sensitive, so it’s important to get in touch immediately. Thanks for choosing us, and we look forward to hearing from you.