Read This Before Filing Your Prescription Drug Lawsuit
With the opioid crisis raging on, millions of Americans are at risk of drug injury from medications they received as prescriptions from doctors. Drugs have a purpose, and in a lot of ways, can be life-changing for those with chronic illness, and can even save lives such as in the case of EpiPen and drugs that stop bleeding in the event of a car accident. That being said, pharmaceutical companies, often due to greed and lack of foresight, end up putting their consumers in unneeded danger just so they can post record profits on a year-on-year basis.
Have you been harmed by a drug that you take regularly? If you developed severe complications such as kidney disease, diabetes and other chronic conditions such as cancer due to a drug that was prescribed by your physician, we’d love to hear from you. Please give us a call NOW at (773) 673-9861 to learn more about what we can do for you. We have over 70 years of experience handling a number of drug injury lawsuit, and we’d love to put our experience to work for you. Please give us a call NOW at (773) 673-9861 to learn more about your legal options for compensation are. Remember, the call is 100% FREE and confidential.
Here are some of the most common type of drug injury claims:
- Drugs that have unreasonable and damaging side-effects. This can be in the form of drugs such as Nexium which has been shown to increase the incidence of gastric cancer, or a Belviq, a weight loss drug that has been on the FDA’s radar due to an increase in lung, pancreatic and gastric cancer.
- Defective design of drugs which can put patient’s lives at risk. This could be in the form of a drug that lacks a vital ingredient which is meant to act as a buffer so the medication doesn’t get absorbed too fast, causing health complications.
- False marketing of drugs which involves deception and omission of information regarding the actual risks of drugs, the concealment of which causes injury to consumers. This is often the case in the world of weight loss medications, where the truth often comes out but after many years of the drug being used by unsuspecting patients.
When it come to liability, any or all these individuals may be responsible:
- A pharmacist
- The prescribing physician
- The hospital administration
- Pharmaceutical sales representative
- The drug manufacturer
- The drug supplier
Some of the damages you can recover by filing a drug injury lawsuit include:
- Lost wages
- Pain and suffering
- Current and future medical costs
- Diminished life quality
- Loss of consortium
Best Drug Injury Attorneys – Call Us Today!
If you were injured by a drug, please report the same to your physician. Make sure to keep any prescription information such as the bottles or packaging, and make sure your medical file is in order. Report the injury to the FDA, as this may help them put out a recall notice that would save other patients from the same injuries. But, before you do all that, please give us a call at (773) 673-9861 to learn more about your legal options and the true cost of your drug injury lawsuit with regard to compensation. Thanks, and we look forward to hearing from you.